|1. Set aside a regular time. Unless you schedule it, you’ll neglect it.
2. Before you start reading, ask God for help and understanding.
3. Carefully think about what you are reading. The treasures of the Bible seldom lie like pebbles on the surface. To mine the gold you have to dig.
4. Before you understand what a passage means to you, try to understand what the author was saying to the original readers.
5. Write down at least one truth or principle you can put into practice.
6. Don’t get discouraged. Some parts of the Bible are difficult to understand, but there’s much more that you can understand and if you apply what you’ve learned, it will change your life.
google_ad_client = “pub-0968665462800740”; google_ad_width = 468; google_ad_height = 60; google_ad_format = “468x60_as”; google_ad_channel =”9540618583″; google_color_link = “3300AA”; google_color_text = “000000”; google_ad_type = “text”;
You may use these acronyms for your study
SPECKS and OICA
S-Sin to avoid
P-Promises to keep
E-Example to Follow
C-Command to Obey
K-Knowledge about God
S-Some other Learnings
=) Happy reading